Education & Professional Licenses
- Master of Social Work, Portland State University (1988)
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Washington License L W 00004658
- Oregon License L 1827
I have been a Clinical Social Worker for more than 25 years in the Vancouver community. I have been a Family Reconciliation Counselor at the Department of Children and Family Services, a hospice social worker, worked at the local YWCA, and have built my own private counseling practice.
I strongly believe that you, as my client, need be heard and need a safe and supportive environment to express and pursue your goals. Therapy is an opportunity to grow and master the challenges you have been given.
It is important for me to understand you as a part of your community and within the context of your own personal support system of friends and family. I will respect the time in counseling as your time and honor the focus on your needs and goals. Because I have lived in Vancouver for many years I will be able to help you locate and access essential resources in the community as needed. I believe that a personal support system is important to successful living and will help you to assess and fine-tune yours.
Areas of Particular Interest / Expertise
- Couples therapy is exciting to me because individuals learn about each other and grow in the process.
- My work with hospice has provided me with experience and insight in working with those who have lost a loved one or are mourning their own mortality in some way.
- I welcome people who are experiencing anxiety or depression.
- Problem solving is a joint effort in these situations.
I continuously seek out training to enhance and refine my skills to do the important work of counseling with you. I also make time for play in my own life which I believe is essential for healthy living in a world of many demands.